INFORMATION WE COLLECTWhen you use the Website, we may collect the following information from you:
- Account and profile information that you provide directly to us, including your name, e-mail address, mailing and billing address (if required to process payment), username and password;
- Payment information, such as your credit card number, debit card number, or bank account information, which shall be provided to and processed by our third party payment processor.
- Any other Personal Information that you may provide directly to us when you set-up an account with us, or contact us with questions and/or inquiries;
- Information about your device(s), including your IP address, device unique identifier, mobile network information, and device telephone number;
- Technical support records; and
- Service requests and inquiries.
Other than some key information which we require to provide our Website, most of the Personal Information that you provide to us is optional. If you choose to not disclose certain Personal Information to us, that may mean that you will not be able to access certain features of the Website. For example, you must provide your name and email address to create an ePIC account.
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?ePIC collects and uses Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to provide our products to you and other Users; to create and administer your user account, including to authenticate you on log-in;
- to establish and maintain our relationship with you and to communicate with you in order to provide our products and Services. This includes, but is not limited to, sending you Service-related or administrative messages and communications relating to account verification;
- to send you advertising and promotional messages, as permitted by law;
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements; and for any other reasonable purposes, as permitted by law, for which you have provided your express consent or in which your consent can be reasonably implied.
LIMITED USE, DISCLOSURE, AND RETENTIONUnless required by law, or in connection with a business transaction (as described below), ePIC will not use, disclose or transfer your Personal Information for any purpose other than those described above without first identifying and documenting the new purpose and obtaining your consent, where such consent may not reasonably be implied. We do not transfer, distribute, disclose, rent or sell any of your Personal Information to third parties except as provided for in this policy. We may share your information with our affiliates or with service providers and/or suppliers who help us run our operations, or fulfill your requests. We may also share your Personal Information with third party contractors, service providers, and suppliers that we have engaged to provide us with services or to perform services on our behalf, based on our instructions, such as data processing and storage companies or individuals and organizations that provide professional and/or administrative services to us. Subject to the foregoing, only ePIC and our affiliates, service providers, suppliers, and/or employees with a need to know, or whose duties reasonably so require, are granted access to Personal Information about our Users. All such employees will be required, as a condition of employment, to contractually respect the confidentiality of our Users’ Personal Information. If all or a portion of our business, or one or more of our divisions, is acquired by one or more third parties as a result of an acquisition, merger, sale, reorganization, consolidation, liquidation or another similar transaction, your Personal Information may be one of the transferred assets and you agree to the transfer of your Personal Information in such case. ePIC will retain Personal Information for only as long as required to fulfill the purposes identified above or as required by law. Personal Information that is no longer required to fulfill the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous according to the guidelines and procedures established by ePIC.
LAW ENFORCEMENT REQUESTSWe may disclose Personal Information without your knowledge or consent if we receive an order, subpoena, warrant or other legal requirement issued by a court, tribunal, regulator or other person with jurisdiction to compel disclosure of your Personal Information. If we receive a written request from a police officer or other law enforcement agency with lawful authority to request access to your Personal Information in the course of an actual or potential investigation into a breach of a law, our policy is to provide the requested information.
STORAGE OUTSIDE OF CANADAYour Personal Information may be used, processed, disclosed, or stored by us or our service providers outside of Canada. If your Personal Information is used or stored outside of Canada, it will also be subject to the laws of the country in which it is used or stored. By using the Website, you agree that your Personal Information may be transferred to the United States of America and/or Hong Kong.
CHILDREN AND MINORSOur Website is not directed to children under the age of 13 years. We will not knowingly collect Personal Information about a child under the age of 13. We do not allow minors (persons who are under the age of majority in their place of residence) to create accounts, make purchases or enter contests or promotions.
HOW CAN I ACCESS MY PEROSNAL INFORMATIONUpon request, ePIC will provide you with information regarding the existence, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information. ePIC will respond to an application for individual access to Personal Information within a reasonable time and at minimal or no cost to you. You may challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate. In certain circumstances, ePIC may not be able to provide access to all the Personal Information it holds about you. Exceptions may include information that is prohibitively costly to provide, information that contains references to other individuals, information that cannot be disclosed for legal, security or commercial proprietary reasons, or information that is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege. ePIC will provide the reasons for denying access upon request.
SAFEGUARDSePIC protects your Personal Information using security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. ePIC has physical, technical, and organizational measures in place to protect Personal Information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Our methods of protection include:
- Physical measures, such as filing cabinets which are kept locked when not in use and access restrictions that apply both to ePIC’s place of business in general and to internal offices as well;
- Organizational measures, such as security clearances and limiting access to Personal Information on a need to know basis; and Technological measures, such as the use of passwords, firewalls, and encryption.
- We also require that our service providers safeguard your Personal Information.